Tuesday, August 11, 2015

"Wait"

It's taken me awhile to write this post. For several reasons. The first and always the most obvious, I have been busy, as usual. I feel like I barely have time to breath, let alone find a little spot of wifi to update the rest of the world on how busy I am.

The second was because I didn't want to. 

In my last, and first post, I informed the internet world that I would be attending Bethany Global University this Fall. This is no longer the case. 

While still planning to attend BCOM, I have had to reset my arrival date. As of right now I am looking to start 2016 Winter term. 

Why? 

The easiest answer to give is a lack of finances. While I could have looked into several loan options and made it work, I wanted to take a few extra months to set some more money aside.  This is what I tell people when they want the brief answer. 

To get a little more in-depth though, there was more to it than money. I felt the need to wait. While I'm still trying to figure out where this feeling came from, it was there, and it was very present. I felt no peace when I thought about leaving at that time. In fact, I would have been leaving any day now. I took long walks. I prayed. I ran. I slept on it. I walked some more.  

"Wait." 

That was all I heard. 

I don't know why. I don't know if it was the right choice. I don't know if it was the wrong one. Either way, my goal is still set. My mission still stands. The timeline has simply taken a small remodel.

With Love,
Trishelle






1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the thing you don't want to do. Learning to listen to yourself, and those around you capable of getting wise counsel can take a level of maturity each person reaches in their own time.

    I'm proud of you for making hard choices. I'm also thankful to you for being that rock my daughter can stand on when she needs

    ReplyDelete