Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Micah Bournes - Who Broke Africa?

My latest read has been a book called Pursuing Justice. It was written by a Bend local, which makes me happy (Bend pride!). This book started speaking to me when I read the title. Pursuing Justice: The Call to Live and Die for Bigger Things. I liked the sound of that.

It has been a great read so far, but there was one thing that really stood out to me. In-between the chapters are "interlude" segments. These are small poems, messages, or illustrations that support the theme of the book. 

Who Broke Africa. It was so beautiful on paper I had could't resist looking it up and finding a video of the author performing live. Please watch. 



"Now, look, I'm not saying we're better off than Africa,
but maybe it's presumptuous to assume we are."
-Micah Bournes

With Love, 
Trishelle

No comments:

Post a Comment