Saturday, January 9, 2016

First Week!

Today closes my first week at Bethany Global University. Already, within this first week, I have a quiet peace within me that tells me I am in the right place. I look out my window at the snow (yay, Minnesota), see the trees moving in the wind, and I know that when I step outside my face will hurt because it's so cold. Yet, I still know that this is where I belong at the moment. Despite the cold, despite the 1,770 miles that separates me from my beloved Oregon and all the loved ones who are there, despite it all, this is where I need to be.


My roommate and I became friends within the first day of knowing each other, and since then have continued to realize if we have to share a living space with someone, we got the right person. We've had a little more time in the last couple of days to explore the city of Minneapolis and have had even more of a chance to get to know each other.

Today we got some Indian food in the Midtown Global Market and discussed our love for Africa. Our love for the beautiful landscape, the pleasantly simple culture, the smiles on the peoples faces, and the hospitality we found there. In that moment I saw her eyes light up, and heard the joy in her words and  she was stunningly beautiful, speaking of her passion. In that moment I knew I couldn't have chosen a better roommate for myself.

Yesterday we had the chance to walk around The Mall of America. We were very much like kids in a candy store. Almost everything we saw excited us, and we snapped plenty of pictures to text to family. Also, I discovered David's Tea which made me insanely happy. We brought back childhood memories by walking through American Girl, decided when we are slightly less poor college students we will ride some rollercoasters, and visit the aquarium. We also walked until our feet hurt, but it was worth it.

Our first day of class was yesterday, and while I'm nervous to get into the full swing of things (Monday, woot woot), I'm also excited. It's been so long since I've done any schooling that I'm just ready to learn again, and I already know I will come away from each period having learned something new.

I'm excited. I can't wait to see how I grow here. What I will learn, and to see the person I will become. Already I've met so many amazing people that I know will become important figures in my life.

With Love,
Trishelle

No comments:

Post a Comment